House fire sends one to hospital

Published 12:00 pm Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Lowndes Signal

An early morning fire sent a Lowndes County resident to the hospital and left her home in ashes.

Hayneville and Mosses Volunteer Fire Departments (VFD) responded to an early morning fire at the home of Betty Hinson around 4:30 a.m. on Nov. 29 on Chisolm Street in Mosses, said Mosses VFD Chief Eric Hall.

Email newsletter signup

Hinson was released from Baptist South after being treated for first- and second-degree burns to her right arm, Hall said.

Hinson’s home was completely destroyed. The cause of the fire is believed to be electrical, said Hall.