Power companies reports outages
Published 6:20 pm Thursday, June 28, 2018
Alabama Power reports that as of 8 p.m. approximately22,000 of its customers are without service in central Alabama (statewide, there are more than 115,000 customers without power). Some 1,900 of those customers are in Lowndes County.
And Pioneer Electric Cooperative reports 431 customers are currently without power in Lowndes County.
Important safety reminders:
• Never touch any downed or low hanging wires. Assume all wire is energized.
- Never try to make your own repairs to Alabama Power equipment. Let our crews do that work.
- Never pull tree limbs off power lines.
- Do not go into areas with debris or downed trees. Energized power lines may be buried and not visible.
- Avoid areas where power crews are at work.
To report an outage, please call 1-800-888-2726.